The POWERCORPS is composed of the ad-hoc strongman and powerlifting teams here at Jakked Hardcore Gym. The members are lifters, from base beginners to veteran state and national level competitors, who train together, compete together, and represent Jakked Hardcore Gym nation-wide. Interested in becoming a member?
Powercorps is about respect. Membership is free* but it isn't cheap.
- Everyone, of any skill and experience level, is welcome. We all at one time started from nothing and we know fresh blood is vital to the future of strength sports.
- Powercorps is about growing and succeeding as a team and community, not as individuals. The sole metric we use is whether you're giving your maximum effort. All egos must be checked at the door.
- We believe creating a safe and encouraging space for women, LGBT, and other minority competitors is very important. If you ever feel we're failing to live up to that, please let us know right away.
- Powercorps members rely on each other for motivation and accountability just as much as anything else, so please be on time and consistent in your attendance.
- If at all possible, always stick around until the end to make sure every team member gets the most out of their workout and that equipment you helped use gets put back in its proper place.
- Be respectful of our gym. Especially when training with a large group, it's easy to misplace bottles, wraps, and other small items. Be sure to leave the space as you found it.
* There are no additional fees for Powercorps membership, but an all-access monthly membership or all-access daypass is required to train in the strongman and powerlifting rooms.
The Powercorps teams currently meet:
- Monday: 7:30pm
- Wednesday: 7:30pm
- Saturday: Noon
- Tuesday: 6:30pm (Deadlift)
- Friday: 6:30pm (Bench)
- Saturday: 10am (Squat)
For any additional questions, please see Byron Hicks or Dan McCarron.
Jakked Red Raiders
While not a traditional weightlifting sport, being successful at armwrestling incorporates a lot of the same training principles powerlifters and especially strongmen will be familiar with, emphasizing grip, conditioning, and controlled explosive movements in addition to raw strength. Armwrestling has become more than just a bar sport, with organized competitive leagues running sanctioned events.
Whether you're looking to add a little variety to your training or searching for a new sport to sink your time into, stop by one of our training sessions soon and see what serious armwrestling is all about.
- The Red Raiders meet:
- Tuesday: 11AM
- Thursday: Noon
- Saturday: Noon